Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trimming 2 arcs

Midwest

Our designer has been struggling with this trim.

I put the file on the FTP in the MCX2_Files folder.

file name Problem 1

I removed the 3 arcs from the main drawing to make the file small. Need to trim the 2 green arcs.

I did solve this for him, but trimming this should be easier than the work around I did.

Should this or has this been reported as a possible bug????

Thanks

quote:

i tried my way again and it didn't work. i must have changed something along the way.

Hacsta.......our Designer tried on his computer and it didn't work, so he merged my fix on my computer back into the drawing.

I tried your way and it didn't work here.....not a 100% fix I guess. cuckoo.gif

A LITTLE buggy if you ask me..... cheers.gif

From the Help file Combine Views

quote:

Use this function to combine all parallel views into a single view and move arcs from the parallel views to the single view. Parallel views are those Cplanes that exist in the same two-dimensional plane (XY, XZ, or YZ) but differ by rotation or position.
This option is useful when you translate files from other applications and want to reduce the number of different views in order to make editing the geometry easier.

Note: Mastercam designates the view with the lowest number as the combined view. For example, if you have arcs on view 4 (bottom view) and view 1 (top view), Mastercam moves all arcs to view 1. View 4 becomes an empty view, which is not saved with the file

cheers.gif

Midwest