Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lead In/Out Issues

ConcordWS

Hello all, I'm having an issue with a toolpath that I can't figure out. I'm trying to do an undercut with an insert side/facemill. I can get it to cut basically where I want but after the last cut it just goes straight up instead of returning to the start point then up.

Any suggestions. Fairly new to Mastercam.

Thanks,

Brett

Create a point where you want to start the cutter. Select "point" as your chaining option, then pick the point, select "chain", then chain your cut as a full chain, then select your point again using "point". Select " use entry point" and "use exit point" in your lead in /lead out and tweak your lead in/lead out accordingly. The cutter should return to the point you created before it chages Z depths. This also works good with closed shapes where a hole has been drilled as an entry point.

Glad to be of help and welcome to the forum. This was the exact same quetion I asked about in my second post here and the credit goes to the forum indeed. I'm new at this myself and have gained quite a bit of knowledge by just lurking around. I glance at the forum posts almost daily, as if it were my morning newspaper. There is a lot to learn in MC and sometimes even the simplest issues can be hard to resolve on your own. You will find that one solution often opens many doors and if its a popular topic, lots of peeps will chime in. My employer does not offer anything in the way of education so this forum has become a valuable resource for an enthusiastic noob such as myself.