Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Machine Group but same tools?

neurosis

Is it possible to create a new machine group inside of a part file and import all of the tools from another machine group in the same file? Im making an assembly and some of the parts are made of aluminum and some of steel and I created separate Machine groups to specify the different materials. I can only see the option to import operations but I dont really want the operations imported, just all of the tools.

go into your toolpaths >> tool path manager

in the upper window chnage to show your programmed operation, select all of your tools, copy, then change it to your next group and right click and paste.

All of your tools for the first op will be copied to your second op