Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Version 9.0 Service Pack 1

Scott Bond

Guys

downloaded the V9SP1.exe file from cadcam site per Glenn. When I tried to open the Cimco editor I got a "install not finished" error. Went back and downloaded the Cimco editor to make sure. It works fine from the desktop icon, but when posting from mastercam I still get the "install not finished" error. MCcam and Pcedit both work fine. I've tried rebooting and resettig the config. for cimco but still the same error.

Kind of thickheaded this morning(moreso than usual) what did I do wrong?

slj

Hi!

Could I get the V9SP1.exe from somewhere other than the ftp?

I ran the Nhs9sp1.exe first, restarted the HASP loader (services - win2k) but the NetHasp shows "NetHASP not found on the network".

I ran the Lathe9sp1.exe, with the patch warning "old file not found ... No Update Done..."

I was not able to start Lathe because the NetHasp wasn't found, However, I am able to start Mastercam (Mill L3 w/ solids).

It must be a Monday!!!

Thanks, Kathy

SLJ I went back and tried my Cimco editor sense I don't use that and it came up fine.

I would uninstall the SP1 and reinstall.

Kathy, I heard you were going to a Nethasp.

But do not have any answers for this problem sorry.

I would try Jerry or CNC support.

Hope all is well?

Hi Jay,

Yes we've been running on the Nethasp for a couple of months now. So far, so good. Everything else is going okay. Still busy up here - and the wind is blowing and the sun in shinning! Beautiful out on the water.

I was hoping a network / nethasp guru would help me. In reading the instructions for installing SP1 for nethasp (what a concept), they talk about running 'Lmsetup.exe' to remove the current driver, and 'run it (assuming Nhs9sp1.exe) again to install the newest revison' Where would I find this file? It isn't currently on my system.

Kathy

Jay, V9sp1.exe is a self-extracting file that contains all the updated files that are generated by the update patches. Extract this to the MCAM9 directory instead of using the patches. This saves having to do a fresh install that is required for the patches to work correctly.

SLJ, if you are having trouble with the editor you can install the full update install with this link. Updated Editor

Specify C:Mcam9CommonEditorsCedit during install.

Glen,

Is there a link for downloading the V9sp1.exe file that isn't ftp? It looks like I need that file to make the sp1 work correctly..

Will the Vpsp1.exe file also correct my problems with the Nhs9sp1.exe?

Thanks, Kathy

Thanks for the help

I had already downloaded the latest cimco editor from they're site. still did'nt work. Ended up un-installing and doing a clean install of MC and Cimco. Not sure what the difference is, but anything that works. Right?

By the way V9 sure makes surfacing easier. worth the trouble several times over. Now just got to talk the powers that be into Level 3

slj

I installed V9SP1.EXE and everything seems to be O.K. My APPS directory contains appmch9.dll dated 3/6/2002 and ctour9.dll dated 2/22/2002 from an earlier patch - is this O.K.?

Can anyone explain the file tp.cfg dated 3/25/2002 in my APPS directory? Is this file created/edited using appcfg.dll C-Hook?

Hi fellow loyal MC users

quote:

Hey Scott, I'm waiting to hear if you got Version 9 Sp1 installed, and if you like it? I've been trying to keep an eye on the responses.

Dave

Gcode installed the service pack early Monday

morning and we have had no SP1 problems.I had started this new job with a brand new box, and a new seat of V9. I have only the V9,(no V8)and so far so good.

[ 05-16-2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]