Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma 4 axis + Mill/Turn

kazmir44

I have read, and read some more about the problems people have had with programming these machines with mastercam. And, I have had my fair share of problems myself.

What I want to know is:

Are Okuma 4 axis lathes going to be fully supported anytime in the near future?

Are my Okuma 2 and 4 axis mill/turn machines going to be fully supported?

I have 12 okuma lathes

2 2 axis mill/turns

1 4 axis mill/turn

1 4 axis lathe

8 2 axis lathes

According to my reseller, I should be able to set up a post for a 4 axis mill/turn machine and use that to program all 4 axis, 2 axis, and mill/turn work. rolleyes.gif

I have my doubts.

I have been waiting for months. And the people before me have been waiting for years.

The question has come up more than once. "Do I ditch mastercam and try another software, or do I keep waiting and waiting and waiting.............

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I have a version 9 post for a 2 axis Okuma lathe.

I updated it to x2. It works pretty good.

I have a c axis post for version 9. That took a lot of tweaking in to produce the right code. This is used to post the millwork only. There are problems with the lathe portion of the post and it does not support canned cycles.

I was unable to update this post to x2 successfully.

From what I understand, there is not a mill/turn post that will support canned cycles.

And there is not a post that will support a 4 axis lathe and post out wait codes. (besides the one that Ron the crazy^millman has been working on.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.