Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

arc 0-90-180-270

kkominiarek

i narrowed down the problem further.

not for posting for geometry editing, arc properties

create-arc-polar

start angle = 0 (3:00)

end angle = 180 (9:00)

this works good 0=3:00, 90=12:00, 180=9:00, 270=6:00

if i create curve 1 edge (off a cylinder, the curve is an arc)when i go to edit the arc it's coordinates are different.

see doc attachment

0=9:00, 90=3:00, 180=6:00, 270=9:00

this is backwards.....why is this?

Do you mean combine view for moving the arc to the correct view? If so you can only get to it, by putting the toolbar on your screen. Go to settings/customize/xform/ on the category pull down the last button looks like an ellipse and a narrow to the right going around the end. Place this icon on your screen in a toolbar. You know have the ability to put the arc on the working c-plane. A real pain when working 3d and in top and it put the arcs on bottom, right, left or some view besides top.

HTH

What I have seen is if you are in 3d top and are creating arcs from surface or solids they may ot may not be on the top view. If they should be on the front view they go to the front view, if they should be on the right side they go to the right side view even though you were in top view Mastercam decides where they should go sometimes no you. If you go to do a toolpath and the arcs are not all of the same view most times not a problem, but seen some issues from it. The biggest thing is if you want to create a solid using some of that then you get arcs not on the same plane and it will not make the solid until you put all the arcs on the same view. I have talked with someone at CNC about it and is consider an enhancement request, not a bug. I am thinking you might be seeing this with the arcs you are creating if you are in 3d. Are you seeing the problem different in 2d and the Gview is equal to the C-plane??

Hope that was clear enough.

yes it is clear....thank you.

i don't see the advantage of creating arcs this way though. headscratch.gif

it made much more sense the way arcs were handled in v9. i never had to think about it before, all arcs followed the 0(3:00)-90(12:00)-180(9:00)-270(6:00) format. whether arcs were rotated or created on different planes all followed same format.

now w/x2 arcs have a mind of there own...i can measure an arc it will say start/180, end/409. (409????)

or

if i create arcs(curves)from a solid...one arc will be CW...the other CCW both with different start points.

to me this is a pia....now that i understand that arcs are handled differently i'll adjust and make do. as i stated before though it doesn't make sense.