Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple operations

powerstechteacher

Draw 3 points at x0,y0 x0,y5 and x-5,y0 (all at z0)

Then go to the planes button at the bottom, select by geometry. then grab the points in the same order I had you draw them. a box will pop up and ask you to name it. give it a name. Then go to the wcs manager at the bottom and select the new plane you made and you're ready to go.

Powertechteacher,

Are you using a solid model to program from. Also are you trying to get a rotation move of 90 degrees or are you doing a secondary vise operation with the part rotated 90 degrees.

For a rotation move on a rotary axis leave WCS set to top and rotate you cplane and tplane. For a secondary vise operation you would want to set a new WCS on the side of the part you a going to program. If you are a little more specific I or another forum member can guide you through the process.

Lots of variables to what it is your really seeking?

If you are just trying to machine a different side of the part as a 2nd or 3rd op as cncjb asked, then just pic the different plane (i.e.; back of part, pick back plane). If this is what you want and you want to change your WCS (preset zeroes for output) then go to view manager, pick the same plane that you want (i.e; back) and pick the geometry button to the left, then just pick a new point on the part that you want to be the X,Y and Z zero (if in a vise, typically upper left corner, top).

Hope this gives you some ideas of what to try, there are a million ways to do different things.

It is really much easier if you use WCS. Your first operation I'm guessing is coming from the Top WCS/Cplane/Tplane setup.

All you need to do is click on the "WCS" button in the secondary menu, and select "View Manager" from the list.

In the View Manager dialog box, select the new plane you want to view and machine from (select Front for example) and then press the "=" button. This sets your WCS, Cplane, and Tplane to that view.

If you need a view at a different orientation, you can use the WCS creation functions like Rotate, or constructing a new one "By geometry".

Go into the Help menu in Mastercam, click on the "reference guide".

Now look through the table of contents for the WCS/Planes section.

There is a good 30 pages that completely describe how it all works.

HTH,