Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL in Verify not coming Up if Using File.

crazy^millman

Anyone else seeing a problem where you use a STL file for stock and when you close a file and come to it where Verify will not use it and you then have to go to the material in verify click the green check mark and it will work then??

I always use solids because I always have my solids as there are through the operations, problem is you always have to pick the solid every time you open the file. If you use a solid file as stock then verify take a huge performance hit. If you select a solid inside of the file on one of the levels it will make it an STL and it work good. Again have to re-pick every time you open the file. So I tried using STL's again and Verify will not use it when you reopen the file and then you still have to go back and re-pick the file so not gaining anything there. Anyone else seeing things like this with regards to STL files and keeping them as files for stock and verify not seeing them and you then having to re-pick them every time you reopen the file???

X2MR2SP1 1-21-08 download date.

Funny I was just thinking this to myself yesterday in a few of situations I had, but it's always been this way....

1) I verify one part off of a stl saved on the network. Open file on a different computer (or on the same one) and the path is still in the file window in verify, but it defaults back to box. In my config it's checked "use file". seems to disregard. also in config there is NO selection to "use solid"..not that it would work because file doesn't work.

2) I emailed a file to someone I'm doing some consulting with. Stock was drawn as solid on another level. When he went to verify again it defaulted back to box. It took a phone call to tell him "look on level xxxx, turn it on, go into verify settings, toggle solid box, return to screen and select the solid"

it's been this way forever, I probably should submit as enhancement request.

m2c