Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Does anyone have this problem

ryobi

Hello-

I am currently running X2-MR1 and when I try and create curves or make a boundary box or even sometimes shade the part Mastercam blows up and shuts down? If I do it unshaded it's fine but when I shade it forget about it. I have analyze my surfaces and removed all bad surfaces and small surfaces. I generally use .iges files. They seem to run much faster than a parasolid does. Most of the file come from Solidworks and do fairly well, but when I receive files from China which are done in UG then brought to Solidworks then to Mastercam is when I see most of the problem.

I'm figuring it is either just all the different software it see before I get it or maybe it could be my graphic card.

Any help would be great.

That is a very good card.

In Mastercam's "system configuration" have you disabled the front buffer? This seems to help with some issues.

Also which video card drivers are you running? I got rid of the drivers that came with my Dell and loaded the ones from the Nvidia website.

Normally the designers review the file prior to us receiving them and machining, since I work for design not engineering I get them from the designer who use Solidworks. I will have to have engineering send me the UG parasolids directly and try that.