Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Feed Machining/Machine Dynamics

Longbow

We use high feed machining for almost all of our 3D finishing. We have recently made the change to X and have put the same information in the machine dynamics as we used in 9. However when we post, it post with a minimum feedrate of .01 IPM when it is set to a minmum feed rate of 30 IPM. In 9 I had the option of chooseing different high feed files. In X it appears to be only one setting per machine definition. We use different dynamics depending on the shape and size of the part. For instance the part I am currently working on is only 1.5 inches wide and when it post out with highfeed it starts with a minum feed rate of .01 and only goes to 25 at the fastest point. The same settings in 9 post with a minimum feed rate of 20 and 120 at the fastest. Needless to say the X post will take 18 hours to run a 1.5 X 2 inch part and the 9 post will only take 1.5 minutes to run it. Am I over looking something or is this a glitch in X?

What version are you using? If a new version have you tried the HST toolpaths?

Edit

I just played with this a little look on your machine group properties pages and make sure there is acceptable value or a value you want even if it is not checked set to a number you want. It defaults to .01 and even though it is not checked when doing the highfeed change it looks here and will use it. Change it to 25 and then unlock and regen the operation and then highfeed it again and repost and see if that fixes it for you. Will need to make sure your default is changed or will see this over and over again. It is under tool settings.

HTH

[ 03-18-2008, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

Yes that worked.... thank you I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. Ill do a few more and see how it comes out. I really wish they still had the highfeed library. I read the help files and they said it did have one but the entire section on HFM reads just like it did in 9.