Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Help - Change at point

romer

I am having a problem with the manual entry of the change at point feature. No matter which selection I make, (before, with, after) the entry is always posted in the line before the point.

I am using a modified Mpmaster post. Trying the generic 3 or 4 axis fanuc or mpfan results in the correct posting of before or with the line but not after. Other Mpmaster posts worked the same as my modified one.

Digging around inside the post I see the definition of the 1007 and 1026 Gcodes is correct and is being output to the nci file, but even using the debugger I can't figure why it doesn't work.

I don't think it is a X2 bug, (I'm using X2mr2) because changing the post will get correct results.

Anybody else have this problem, or got some suggestion where to tweak the post? I also assume the "after" output won't work unless there is another Gcode defintion added. In version 9 posts, 1005, 1006, and 1007 handled "before", "after", and "with" but version X is somewhat different.

Thanks,

Romer

Romer,

Are you trying to use the coolant commands?

If you are are you already using X style coolant or using V9 style coolant.

That would affect what you do and don't get for output.

I see what your saying.

3 things determine that output

pcan

pcan1

pcan2

pdrlcommonb has pcan and will post the before

pcan1 is in the drill cycle output, this will post the "with"

pcom_movea has the pcan2, this will handle the after move output

[ 03-18-2008, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: JParis@CNC Programming Solutions® ]

John,

I thought it might be related to the coolant commands, but after some experimenting, it didn't make any difference.

I'm just surprised that the Mpmaster doesn't seem to work correctly with a standard function in MCX2.

Just out of curiosity, what are you using for a post?

Romer

That is out of the MPMaster.

I am curious what you're trying to get for actual code.

I don't know that using canned text is going to get you what your looking for, especially in between at different points

John,

If you are using Mpmaster try this.

Create a simple 2d drill toolpath. Now open the chain manager for the drill points you selected, pick a point (chain), right click and choose "change at point". Enter a comment in the manual entry box, choose "with" and repost it.

Does the comment come out on the line corresponding to that point, or only on the line before it?

Thanks,

Romer

it comes out above Romer

That would be output by the pcan1 section. You need to really look at the canned text section of the post and see why it outputs the way it does. It works as designed, which might not quite be what you're expecting.

pcan1 is in the output line but since it is a post block call it will output the comment an EOB and then the position.

If you are trying too get a code onto a line with, canned text is NOT the way to do it.

What are you trying to get?

John,

If it comes out above, then it is NOT working correctly. It should be ON the line as the "with" option should work.

As far as canned text goes, I think you might misunderstand me. (Not your fault, I'm barely able to form thoughts, much less words most of the time, and putting them to paper or keyboard is an even greater leap!)

I'm not trying to use the canned text option. In fact, right below the manual entry window is the selection box for canned text and I'm NOT using that.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Romer

Romer,

When you are trying to use the before, with or after on ANYTHING you are tied into the canned text section of the post whether you like it or not.

So YES that manual entry box in the editor IS tied into canned text.

BTW, you still haven't said what you're trying too do, there might be another way to accomplish it

John,

Would you agree the funtion is not working in Mpmaster since it output on the line above no matter what the selection is?

If you look in Mpmaster in the Tool Comment/Manual Entry section, pcomment2 is where the definitions are that I am referring to.

Thanks,

Romer

OK, Romer,

diggin through the MPmaster

the pcomment$/pcommment2 section where the manual entries are output from is NOT tied to the before, with and after commands below. Those boxes are for the insertion of canned text,

if you follow the post logic the only place your comment CAN be output is before the point.

If you are trying to get code onto a line, this is the wrong way to go about it

John,

Somehow I still think you misunderstand. The functions works properly 2 out of 3("before" and "with") in Generic fanuc and Mpfan but only "before" in Mpmaster.

I'm not trying to get code onto a line, per se.

I just want the manual entries from "change at point" to show up where they are supposed to be according to the post logic.

It works in some posts so there must be something I am missing in Mpmaster.

Also, as best I can tell there is no nci Gcode definition that would allow the "after" selection to work in ver X. In ver 9 1005-1007 defined "before", "with" and "after". X has changed that.

Romer

If you read my postings about wait codes you will see that pcan1 is all reality is in the wrong place. pcan1 is for posting code with a line. The problem you are seeing that is not your liking is that the section of cantext that outputs this is designed to put a eob after it posts the cantext.

Look here:

code:

prapidout       #Output to NC of linear movement - rapid 

sav_gcode = gcode$

if convert_rpd$ = 1,

[

feed = maxfeedpm

gcode$ = 1

ipr_type = 0

]

pcan1, pbld, n$, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, [if gcode$ = 1, `feed], strcantext, scoolant, e$

gcode$ = sav_gcode

plinout #Output to NC of linear movement - feed

pcan1, pbld, n$, sgfeed, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, `feed, strcantext, scoolant, e$

pcirout1 #Output to NC of circular interpolation

pcan1, pbld, n$, `sgfeed, sgplane, sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, parc, feed, strcantext, scoolant, e$

Looking at these section you will see the pcan1 is at the front of the lines that post out the code:

code:

pcan1           #Canned text - with move

strcantext = sblank

if cant_no$ > zero,

[

if cant_pos1$ = one | cant_pos1$ = four, pcant_1

if cant_pos2$ = one | cant_pos2$ = four, pcant_2

if cant_pos3$ = one | cant_pos3$ = four, pcant_3

if cant_pos4$ = one | cant_pos4$ = four, pcant_4

if cant_pos5$ = one | cant_pos5$ = four, pcant_5

if cant_pos6$ = one | cant_pos6$ = four, pcant_6

if cant_pos7$ = one | cant_pos7$ = four, pcant_7

if cant_pos8$ = one | cant_pos8$ = four, pcant_8

if cant_pos9$ = one | cant_pos9$ = four, pcant_9

if cant_pos10$ = one | cant_pos10$ = four, pcant_10

if cant_pos11$ = one | cant_pos11$ = four, pcant_11

if cant_pos12$ = one | cant_pos12$ = four, pcant_12

if cant_pos13$ = one | cant_pos13$ = four, pcant_13

if cant_pos14$ = one | cant_pos14$ = four, pcant_14

if cant_pos15$ = one | cant_pos15$ = four, pcant_15

if cant_pos16$ = one | cant_pos16$ = four, pcant_16

if cant_pos17$ = one | cant_pos17$ = four, pcant_17

if cant_pos18$ = one | cant_pos18$ = four, pcant_18

if cant_pos19$ = one | cant_pos19$ = four, pcant_19

if cant_pos20$ = one | cant_pos20$ = four, pcant_20

]

if cstop$, strcantext = strcantext + sm00

if cgstop$, strcantext = strcantext + sm01

#Output of strcantext occurs at the end of the output line

Now if you look at this section you will see where the logic tells it to not output a eob but when it then goes back and look to the pcomment section of the post here:

code:

pcomment2 #Comment from manual entry

spaces$ = 0

scomm$ = ucase (scomm$)

if sof & gcode$ = 1051, scomm_str, scomm$, scomm_end, e$ #1051 - Machine Name

if sof & gcode$ = 1052, scomm_str, scomm$, scomm_end, e$ #1052 - Group Comment

#if sof & gcode$ = 1053, scomm_str, "PART # - ", scomm$, scomm_end, e$ #1053 - Group Name

if sof & gcode$ = 1054, scomm_str, scomm$, scomm_end, e$ #1054 - File Descriptor

if gcode$ = 1005, n$, pspc, scomm_str, scomm$, scomm_end, e$ #1005 - As Comment

if gcode$ = 1006, n$, pspc, scomm$, e$ #1006 - As Code

if gcode$ = 1007, scomm_str, scomm$, scomm_end #1007 - As Comment with output line, change at point

if gcode$ = 1026, scomm$ #1026 - As Code with output line, change at point

if gcode$ = 1008 & header = zero, n$, pspc, scomm_str, scomm$, scomm_end, e$ #1008 - Operation comment

if gcode$ = 1008, scomm_sav = ucase(scomm$) #1008 - Operation comment

spaces$ = sav_spc

Well the problem you might be seeing is that pcan1 is in the front of the posting code and all of sections when posted code for moves come from. So each of these have eob in them so what will then output the comment line then it will output the code line even if you tell it with.

So you read all of this and say ok you know the problem how to fix it. Very easy put the pcan1 at the end of each of the places where pcan1 is at the front at the end before the e$ and see if that fixes your problem.

HTH

Ron,

That works but you know like do as soon as you modify that, someone will want to then use it the way it is designed to work.

He STILL hasn't said what he is trying to do, I am willing to bet there is a better cleaner way to approach it but.....

John,

I HAVE said what I am trying to do!

I just want the manual entries from "change at point" to show up where they are supposed to be according to the post logic.

They show up correctly in at least 2 other post processors. I would like them to work in MPmaster.

Ron, you are confirming what I have been grappling with. You are exactly correct about the definitions regarding eob in 1007 and 1026. I can stop the actual text I manually enter from being output but it still posts an empty line above where it should be.

Once again, it works in other posts, so I'm confident it is something that can be made to work. I'm sure I am just overlooking something.

Ron,

In this thread www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=029222

I think you touched on something that I think relates to my confusion in regards to what I am trying to solve. X processes things differently than V9 and it could be a mp.dll that adds to the problem.

I will try your suggestions on the mods.

Thanks for all the replies so far

Romer

Yes John I understand what you are saying but IMHO this is one thing that does not work right in MPMASTER and MLPMASTER. I really think it all boils down to mp.dll and Mastercam not reading the information correctly. With cantext I want with to be with. If I want it before I will use before it I want it after I will use after, but if I want it with the be with it not after, before or at the beginning on the line, but at the end of the same line. This is not how it works as done now. If you do what I suggested with pcan1 it does everytime not sometimes. Again this is just my experience.

Oh BTW so no one will read something different from these comments. These a very very good posts and all of the posts we use were made from these 2 posts. We do not use any of the CNC software posts in our shop we only use the ones from IN-HOUSE.