Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving

Leandro

Thanks Guys.

Chris, yes there are a lot of sizes, brands and different marks.

Material is usual SAE 1020. Rubber is not like plastic. Ther is usual to weld some parts and engrave again (e.g. plies Polyester,steel,nylon etc)

A lot of tread pattern are of aluminum (a lot casted but also engraved). Now the tendence in bigger molds is to engraved steel. But this molds are very expensive

Matt I have got a lot of pictures if you want just send me an email I will send you ([email protected])

Now to my question.

Today for engrave this I do all this procedure.

I create a surface with the caviti profile.

I create an offset from the outer boundary from the letter. (0,5 x Tool radius)

I trim-surface the surface to get a surface from the letter.

Now I machine with a 5ax- Flowline and later a 5ax-Curve for get better boundaries of my machined letters

A lot of steps.

Mark could be engraving Add-on a solution to aboid all this steps ??

Supports engraving 5-axis??

Did somebody have any example about this kind of engraving. Or how works engraving

Thanks

Ola Leandro,

Here in Brazil, we have some tire mold maker customers. They are doing lettering sometimes with simple 3d contours with conic tools, no compensation, and sometimes using the engrave operation within the advanced multi-axis. Some are doing the 'cavities' using the profiles as a boundary to contain the toolpath.

Leando, the way 5x engrave works is that you have you're geometry in the flat and either select two drive curves (the shape of the surface) or select a surface. It works pretty well, getting the toolpath to start in the correct spot might take a try or two (as I recall). Its been a while since I've cut a 5x Engrave toolpath.

I don't check the forum on a regular basis so if you have a question for me, send me an e-mail.