Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL HOLDER SIMULATION

ROD B

Is there a way to view the tool holder in simulation or back plot and have it change size when you change the holder diameter and length. I need to be able to see the holder change length and diameter when we change from one tool to another. Ex a standard end mill to a drill with a extended holder

or....... headscratch.gif

You could do it this way.

In c:mcamx2milltools there is a default file called holder.mcx that mcam uses when simulating and backploting if you draw your toolholder and or quill and name it holder7in.mcx or holder2in.mcx

and save the file in that directory you can change these files to holder.mcx when you need a different style and change it back when you don't.

Not sure if this is the correct way to do it but it worked for me. Thought I'd pass it on.

biggrin.gif

Less

-------------------------

Mastercam X Mill Level 3

Mastercam X Solids

Mastercam X FiveAxis