Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1 - Default Save

Georgi Baltov

Hi guys,

I am trying to save my defaults so that I dont have to start them up every time I use Mastercam. For example I would like to start with my default machine type, material (on screen display, thickness). My default operation bars and tool settings. I am sure there are more things that I cant really remember to mention right now but I am sure that the way to save them would be the same. The guy that set it up initially saved all that information for me but I will be changing my computer soon and need to know how to do it myself. I tried a few times and i failed miserably.

You can set the default machine under settings, configuration, default machines. In the same config there is start/exit, which will show you your default toolbar, just copy and set it in your new computer. Under cad settings you can set your line style. Toolbars are saved under the config folder under Mcam.

Georgi

If you have a file open that has a Machine Def in it...

Properties >> Files Tab >> click on the Exclamation point (!) next to the operation defaults & scroll to the stock setup at the top of the list.

I haven't tried setting a stock size there but it's worth a shot.

HTH