Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Swept 2D toolpath Error

Bill O'Connell

I keep getting the following error when I try to create a Swept 2d toolpath: "Swept 2d toolpaths should only contain 3 chains, 1 across, 1 along, 1 chain point". This occurs after the across chain has been accepted, the start point has been accepted. It happens the next step where I select the intersection point. I have gotten this to work before, but I can seem to figure out from the error, where it is going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had several problems when trying to chain new geometry on an existing 2D Swept toolpath, the only solution was to delete and recreate the op. I've also had issues with 2D sweep where it just plain wouldn't work until I shut down MC and restarted it.

I'm a little confused here:

quote:

his occurs after the across chain has been accepted, the start point has been accepted.

What do you mean by 'start point'? You should be picking the [2] contours first and then the intersecting point

Bill,

When you create a swept toolpath, a physical point gets created at the intersection of your along and across. If I create a swept toolpath and then abort out (for whatever reason) after chaining, without completely the toolpath, the point still exists there. Now when I redo the toolpath, if I let autocursor snap to the physical point that it created in the earlier chaining session, I get the error you describe. I also see that after selecting the "bad point," the chain manager only show 2 entities. If I select the intersection point by using intersection, endpoint, etc, then it works fine. For some reason, MC doesn't like the point that it created in an aborted swept toolpath, even though that exact same point (location, not physical point) can be selected by other means and it will work.

Clear as mud? biggrin.gif

Thad