Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jobpack DNC how well does it work?

Todd Gookin

I need a software package the shop floor personel can use to load NC files to the machines.

For ISO 9001 reasons the software must controle the security of the files.

I also need to be able to create links to other files in multiple locations on the server, drawings, setup sheets, and photos.

I am looking at Jobpack Technical Data Pack.

Has anyone used this software?

How well does it work?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Todd,

We are in the aerospace market, holding and working hard to keep all our ISO certifications. We use Cimco NC-Base / DNC-Max to track changes and get communicate with all our CNC machines, and I´m confident that there´s no better solution in the market for that. We can track anything, having a outstanding file compare and NC program edit tool, as well as a very powerful DNC solution. I mean that.

The user groups and rights is very detailed, and the event log of the NC-programs is unbeatable. You can search and track the actions of every user of the system, and much more.

I´m not a sales guy or a biased customer, trust me.

Moreover, Cimco support is second to none. They deserve the gold medal. In the past 2 years, they have created more than 70 new features in the software for our specific needs.

It´s the most complete NC-program management solution in the market.

JM2C

+2 for Cimco. We run Cimco DNC Max, in conjunction with barcode readers on the shop floor. The operators scan barcodes to get their programmes sent from the server. It works perfectly.

Talk to S4A (Services for Automation). Those guys (I can see John Paris smiling from here) are great to deal with.

quote:

us too. we've been looking hard at E2 for this. How do the cimco products handle all of the above?

Cimco NC-Base can automatically create setup sheets, tool lists and memo files for you, based on your templates. NC-Base extracts info from your program and fill out the fields that you have definded in a template pre-created by you.

You can associate to any NC-program, any file type, and you have full preview of PDF, general image and standard documents, ASCII files, etc.

You can even associate your MC files with the NC program that they have generated.

You have also a automatically backup tool that runs on the NC-Base server, backing up daily all your database files, including NC-programs and associated files.

I created a small video and placed it in the FTP folder /unspecified_uploads/, the file is named NC-Base.zip. It´s a WMV video with a few features of Cimco NC-Base.

You have seamless integraton with Cimco-Edit / DNC-Max, in brief, you can edit, automate nc-program creation/management and communicate with all your machines in a single environment.

In the end of the video there is a small surprise...

HTH

• 2 weeks later...