Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant again.

MotorCityMinion

Well, IMO at least, using X style coolant is not what you want to be doing.

If it were me, I would swap over to old-style V9 and just be done with it.

X style coolant is tied into "canned text" and can be persnickety at times.

There is a description in this thread on how to set you OP defaults file to get the V9 to stick

Linky

This is what I've found: Just dont know where the coolant tab is located. Mach def manager, general parameters? Sorry for being blind today.

"If you are using the version 9 style coolant (“Support coolant using coolant value in post-processor” selected in the general machine parameter’s coolant commands tab)"

Thanks to Paul Decelles @ CNC for this.

1. Make a back up of your mill_inch.defaults file

2. Rename your mill_inch.defaults to mill_inch.mcx

3. Open the mill_inch.mcx in Mastercam

4. Go in to the Machine Group properties >> edit the machine definition >> general parameters >> coolant tab >>and set it to support coolant using coolant value in post processor.

5. While your there you can go into the defaults and set them to coolant "ON"

6. Close the file

7. rename the mill_inch.mcx back to mill_inch defaults.

motorcity,

I just customized an X2 mpmaster machine def, control def, and post for a 3 axis vertical mill on friday. The coolant commands worked perfectly right out of the gate. I leave use tools step, peck, and coolant unchecked and select M08 "With" for each operation. Thats all I had to do. Have you tried these settings.

I cant be convinced to switch to the X style coolant commands. Whilst the new method gives a lot more flexibility and options, it causes more headaches than what it is worth.

I agree with John, it can be perniticky at times.

In fact, the whole Machine/Control def & Post thing causes me more headaches than ever frown.gif