Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anybody here run AGIE wire machines?

MILLRUNNER

We have 2 AGIE classic machines in my place of employment and I am the main operator. I have never been to school on these machines. I have been running them for about a year, but I only know how to make them do what I was taught. we do pretty good with them until we get and error or something isn't working properly. Everything is foreign language because they are foreign machines (I'm guessing italin) and we have had a lot of trouble getting assistance with them. Does any body know of a website or another forum or anything we could use to get some help from some experienced operators? Thanks.

I think we are going to change our minds...

we were lookin at a Agie or Makino...

think the Makino is going to be the machine of choice.

The Agie sure did look pretty on the show floor though... rolleyes.gif

I will see what I can find for ya.

We just havent had any luck getting any help with these machines. We use X2 to program them and create tool paths for them. Its just that when the meachines themselves mess up, we dont know who to turn to get help. The night shift guy that was here last night cut them off because of a storm that came through last night and went I brought them up this morning I cant get one of them to run. it is giving me the error message "action requested cannot be performed because of the tripping of a safety device".

Problem is I have no idea where the safety devices are...lol

I am trying to find them.

It turned out to be a gunked up planetary gear in the back on the pulloff roller servo. It was so corroded and gunked up that the motor was just throwing an alarm. I took it out and rebuilt the planetary, ceaned it up and greased it and got it back together. Its running right now but there is a lot of slack in the planetary. Maybe it will get us by until we get the new one. $1980...Supplier doesn't have it in stock, has to come from switzerland or italy or wherever.

Thanks for the help guys.

We have an Agie Classic S and a Classic V here. The Agie headquartes for the US was in Davidson, NC about 40 minutes from here before George Fisher bought them.

Paul Lutz is a very good service engineer and Tony Zweiner is the best applications guy there.

I ran Charmilles, Mits, Hitachi, and Fanuc WEDM before coming here and I will have to say that once you get up to speed on the control Agies are probably the most powerful controls out there, from a operational point of view. I can change just about anything I want( very quickly)standing at the machine with out reprogramming.

If I can help you in any way let me know.

quote:

Agie just wants to sell machines not service them. I have a buddy that has an Agie Classic and hates it and cant get anyone wth Agie to support it. I use to have 2 Agies. I have 0 now, and will never have another one.

hey, kannon, are you reading this???

don't get us something we are going to regret...

attitudes a brewin' biggrin.gif

Indeed they are high maintenance machines. We have an Agie classic, it's constantly cutting. The guy running it is pretty good with maintenance on it.

We had the same machine at previous shop, but it was in an air conditioned separate room. It required the same maintenance basically.

Both operators basically married the machine.

I think square one is a preventative maintenance logbook and a good tech's cell number.