Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam art

i didnt see a seperate forum for this so i put it here.(maybe it should be under woodworking)

im trying to decide if this will be useful to us.i do convert rasters to dxfs quite often but usually dont get the results i want without a lot of editing.is art like this?will i get very good results from jusy a scanned pic?or will there have to be lots of manipulating first to get good results?i wouldnt be doing anything in wood and most of this would be in aluminum custom parts such as valvecovers and motorcycle casecovers.do any of you using this get the amount of detail you thought you would?

does anyone have any examples of something they have cut?will my current post im using for mc work with this on my haas machines?

thank you for any info!

Answering the second question first, Art can give you very high detail, and would be perfect for what you are discribing. We have quite a few folk using Art for just this application, most famous being OCC. I have a few examples; the marine corps logo on a case cover, and a topograpic map of Austrailia that I did for them, I would be happy to send you pictures.

As to converting Rasters to vectors, we have a good module in Art for that. But your dream of it always being easy is still not realized as it is still dependant on quality of image you have to start with. I do have some helpful hints if you want to contact me.