Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TNCREMO COMMUNICATION

batraul

Check out the greatest DNC products out there: CIMCO DNC-Max & CIMCO NFS Server.

With TNC426 RS-232 port, I use DNC-Max Heidenhain LSV2 protocol which allows you to see files on PC and files on TNC side by side right at the CNC controller. (Make sure the TNC426 is set to use LSV2.)

For TNC426 Ethernet connection, I use CIMCO NFS server. (CIMCO makes the Heidenhain NFS!)

You can download 30 days full working demo versions from the following web sites:

http://www.dncmax.com

http://www.cimco-software.com

http://www.cimco-integration.com

Give it a shot, you'll like it.

quote:

Check out the greatest DNC products out there: CIMCO DNC-Max & CIMCO NFS Server.

Gee you would'nt happen to be a salesman would you? LOL wink.gif This is the greatest product out there in YOUR opinion. I am sure there are people out there who would argue that point with you. I am not saying this is a bad software in any way, and it may be the greatest software for YOU, but that may not be true for everyone. There are many good DNC products out there. I am not trying to start a fight or a debate but just trying to be sure that everyone gets an unbiased and open minded opinion.

Cadcam,

No I'm not a salesman, of all the DNC software that we have used, DNC-Max is the best one so far. We have solved many DNC problems with DNC-Max where other DNC software failed on us.

Many users on this forum say that Mastercam is the best in it's market, and that's how I think about CIMCO DNC-Max.

DNC-Max's developers listens to users and implements real-life user needed features. And this process is on going.

I install DNC turn key solutions on weekly bases and also helps other DNC dealers from the east cost to the west cost of Canada. Many of our customers switches to DNC-Max from all kinds of other DNC software. Some switched because of advance features, some switched for the reliability, some did for the easy of use, etc......

Regardless it is CAM or DNC, end of the day, what customers want is software that does the job powerfully and reliably (hopefully the software is reasonably priced as well), and as solutions providers, we'd like to have as many happy customers as possible by for filling their manufacturing software needs.

Sure there will be people argue with this, just like with anything else. But action/performance speaks for itself.

quote:

No I'm not a salesman,

I know your not this was to lighten up what I was saying.

So you would not take it as an attack pointed at you.

I know you are one of the best when it comes to DNC Turn-key.I have heard from others.

But I still have a problem with your statment.

And for MC I live for this software it does every thing I need it to.

As for DNC I am not getting into this as a battle so I am not stepping forward.

I have seen both sides on that part.

And I see to top contenders for that side being DNC and yes one of the two is DNC-Max.

I don't think I even have to say the other.

quote:

Sure there will be people argue with this, just like with anything else. But action/performance speaks for itself.

I agree, this is life as we speak

Hope you had a good holiday weekend.

[ 05-28-2002, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

The weekend was fine, just a little short, I left home on Sunday to go on a business trip and writing to you in a hotel room right now - this is the few chances that I get to sit down and practice English smile.gif How was your weekend?

You are very kind in your words, but I'm not one of the best in DNC for sure. Every day I find out how much I don't know and how much I need to learn......

I'm not into this for battle either (already too many in this world, big or small, isn't it?). I say things as how I think they are, so I hope I haven't offended you too much.

It is our time 1:22am here, what is your time now?

This is getting far away from batraul's original post, so I should stop here.

Have a good night,

Ying.

Ying Jiang, last night when I posted my last post to you it was 9pm here in Ca.

Now I am getting ready for class I have now two classes on Tuesdays for a while so it is a full day.

In the morning beginning and the afternoon till 9pm Advanced.

So they cut the vacation time short for work I see.

Glad to see you are still in good spirits.

Have fun on the trip signing of till later 6:29am here now. smile.gif

I recently upgraded to TNCRemo NT v2.0

I am communicating to the TNC 426 via ethernet at much higher speeds than previously. It is shareware available from Heidenhain. Format checking and conversion is done by the PC instead of the TNC 426 when using this new software.

The new software also allows complete file management of the TNC from the remote PC including directory creation, file uploading/downloading/deletion etc. There is a screen capture function allowing the current TNC screen to be transmitted to the remote PC as a .BMP file. Useful for working out problems with service technicians, etc....

[ 05-28-2002, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Lucky ]