Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I can't seem to get my rotary to follow my mastercam

Rafael Rivera

HI guys here is my delema

I have a Dekel Maho DMU 60T,basicly a 5 axis with a rotary as my c axis and the head moves 15 to

-90 degrees.What I'm trying to do is mill the outside of my part using the axis substution in mastercam,but my rotary does not follow what i see in my computer,my post guy says he doesn't understand why it doen't work ,does anyone know what the code should look like,just milling a simple square using my rotary,any help would be great!

Rotary substitution is rarely hooked up for a machine config like that. It's typically a 4-Axis technique for parts with datums inline with the rotary center. Specifically for your machine, 5-Axis is done in M128 (TNC) or G141 (Millplus) mode, which is actually data mapped to the top, with the right rotary angles output.

If you can do it with a multi-axis toolpath instead, that would be mint.

However, our DMG posts should be handling that programming style, but mapping the moves into the right code format.

That or just use C-planes with each side of the part you are machining. A pain to program this way I know we face this all the time when doing milling on Mill turns. Sometimes you have to machine part of the feature with one C-plane and then another part of the feature with a different C-plane so you can keep it working inside of the working envelope of the machine.

HTH

I tried maching my part using the muti axis ,but rotary doesn't want to engage,what it does try to do is machine around the part in 3 axis like,I am trying to machine around my part but I don't don't have enough travel,but if I'm able to use the rotary I would be able to machine around the part.

Hi Brett,

I have a Heidenhain Millplus IT,I tried using the G141 it didn't work for me,then I tried the M128 it finally works (yahooooo !!!),It has to be done only with the part (x,y,z)zero off the center of the rotary like you said in one of your earlier text,and the cutter comp in the computer and it works fine

Thanks for all the help and support

Rafael Rivera @inlineplastics

OK cool. That's often the missing link. Coordinates work differently inside the TCP functions so if something isn't working that's often the ticket.

BUT, M128 is a TNC function.....not Millplus. M128 should give you an alarm in Millplus.

Try with neither of the codes, and datum on rotary centre.

The version of the post that I have for you here does not have axis sub turned on.

I got this post from MacDac,They were trying to make it work for me,but we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't for me,so i tried with DMG and never got a call back,but the M128 seemed to be the missing link,the G141 just made the tool follow the same point on the rotary for me,I don't know why ,I just know it does work

THANKS AGAIN