Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Rough project toolpath

Rakesh

HI everybody

I am trying to uderstand the rough project toolpath(nci,curve and point). I could not undestand how it work and where I can use this? If I have to use 2d nci file to project on to the surface to get the toolpath than why not I select the surface and give the toolpath straight from there.I am missing some thing and If any body can expalin. thanks

I looked in the sample examples of mastercam, i where the letter toolpathe is projected on the surface. I am trying to give more depth to letter machining by changing the incremental depth value from 0 to -.01 but when I varify the projected toolpath it should shows .01 more deeper letter but it stay the same place. So where we can change the depth when we using the projected toolpath.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rakesh,

Some toolpaths allow you to cut below the surface, some don't.

With Surface Rough Project, you must move the surface deeper in Z to increase the depth of the letters.

So basically you can use project in a couple ways, you can project a 2D toolpath from above (pocket or contour) or you can create geometry and Mastercam will project the chains down onto the surfaces. Project is one of the most useful surfacing paths in Mastercam because you have ultimate control over the cutting action.

• 1 year later...

Shouldn't mastercam toolpath to the correct depth based on the geometry selected ? Why do I have to offset (modify) the existing drive geometry. To me that looks like an extra step.

I should be able to select the curves and project it on the sphere and Mastercam should cut to the correct depths without modifying anything..

Shouldn't mastercam toolpath to the correct depth based on the geometry selected ? Why do I have to offset (modify) the existing drive geometry. To me that looks like an extra step.

I should be able to select the curves and project it on the sphere and Mastercam should cut to the correct depths without modifying anything..