Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problems with screen

tecno

Hello

I have a problem with my X2, when drawing or simply moving the cursor over the geometry when analizing the entities, the cursor, appears to leave a "phantom square" where the cursor was on the graphics area, looks like it is not repainting the screen in the rigth way, if I press "F3", this square dissapears, but is very tedious to have this image on the screen, have anybody solved this problem?, I think that maybe is a problem of the configuration of my video card, but my supplier does not have any idea about this.

Any help will be apppreciated.

Ragrds

Hello Gcode

Thanks for your response, actually I do not know wich brand is my video card but what I can see in my control panel is that I have this adapter: Intel®946GZ Expres chipset family, but it works with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, 128 Mb in video memory and the OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. Hope this helps

Regards

quote:

Intel®946GZ Expres chipset family, but it works with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, 128 Mb in video memory

This is an integrated on the motherboard card.

It is going to cause you NOTHING but headaches, there is little if anything you can do to make it work right. This IS NOT A CAD/CAM card nor obviously workstation.

You need to see if your IT person can get an Nvidia Quadro Card into that system, if not, you will likely need a new system

Try right clicking on the desktop, properties, settings, advanced, troubleshoot, set the graphics acceleration bar from full to 1 position right of none, apply, ok, appearance, effects, uncheck the (use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips. This will help with graphics issues a lot of times. Will be hit or miss on the integrated graphics tho.

Hello Mike

I´ve tried what you said and looks like it works, thanks fot the tip !!!, I´ll be desinginig all day to check what happen, just one question, setting the acceleration to almost none, Could be that I´m not using at 100% something (in this case video)that I´ve paid for? I mean, looks like I have not the problem by now but then the accelerator is not working at full and I do not know if this affect general the performance of the video maybe for another software(beacause of the settings I think that must affect), we also use SolidWorks, anyway I´ll check but if you or somebody else have had any experience like this please let me know.

Regards

Yes, this will affect performance.

I will generally only use this to verify a card/hardware issue.

I would not recommend working like this all the time as you will notice system performance issues.

Yea, this is by no means the best fix but for low end or integrated graphics it does help. As John said it is just a workaround for those who can't make the company buy a better card or until they get the better card, or to get a laptop with integrated graphics to at least let you be able to work.

In a situation where it does help you could then try bumbing the setting back up some to find a happy medium whre Mastercam will still work o.k. and you get a little better performance.

Hello Guys

Mike

You won´t believe this, as I mentioned, I did what you wrote and the problem was fixed, now I tried to go back with the settings as originally set and I expected to see the problem again, but now I do not have the problem, I have the acceleration at full and the transition efect is checked and now the machine works "normally", is this posible?, I mean,Could happen that something was "fixed"?, Do I still have to change the Video Card?, Is possible that this "repair" any day returns?

Thanks to everybody for your reply

Regards

Motorcityminion is right other cards can work just check them out here by doing a search on that card to see what results might be posted. Nvidia Quadro is by far the most successful on the most varied types and brands of computers, some of the cheaper cards may or may not work on your configuration. In other words it can be a crap shoot with a cheap card.

Hope we've been able to get you started in the right direction. I'll be out away from e-mail for a few days but the other guy's here can help you. A lot of them, including John Paris are a lot more computer savvy than I am.

He's o.k. for a dang yankee! biggrin.gif

Hello Axela 09

Actually we do molds, we are planning to buy the Nvidia, Thanks for your reply

Mike

When I edit the nodes of a parametric spline the node points are not displayed util I press F3, so, the problem was nos solved at all, as metioned above, we´ll replace the video adapter.

Regards