Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another WCS question

OK...I'm trying to change my ways and do things right instead of the quick and dirty way I been gettin it done...

I have some mills and lathes.

Mill WCS stuff I can mostly figure out.

How in the heck do I get the lathe Z, dia WCS to work.

I have some geometry done after I was doing a mill part. Call a new file to create the geometry. Oops...WCS is still mill. How do I change it to lathe?

When I analyze something, I get X,Y,Z instead of Z,Dia.

What am I doing wrong?

additional thoughts on multi machines:

certainly best to align the model "lathe friendly" then do the milling off custom planes.

put the lathe def at top in ops mgr ,then the mill. If done right, your lathe stock definition will drive verify right on down thru the mill...

We've got several sample files we present in training that illustrate the concept successfully.

A couple warnings:

Keep track of where the red arrow of doom is!!

that will influence which toolpath product is dominant.

Lathe and Mill play together nice. Wire machines do wierd things in the ops mgr and ultimately corrupt the file....gotta couple bugs logged on this front.