Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting question for the wire crowd

mikeqes

Good Morning all.

I have a Charmilles wire here,and my post is set up so that it uses the NC file name to call out the tec file. (the file that tells the machine how many passses, what the offsets are etc.)For example if the NC file name is PUNCH1, It will post (TEC,PUNCH1) in my program to call out that tec file. The problem I am having is that sometimes when I am posting multiple operations, I want to use different tec files. This means I have to change the NC file name in the operation I want to change, but when I post, Mastercam wont post all the operations because the NC file names are different. So I was wondering how the rest of you get around this. Do I need to change my post so it gets the tec files information from somewhere other then the NC files name? Or is there another solution. I have been editing the different tecs after I post it, but that tends to lead to mistakes in the long run.

Thanks,

Mike

Mastercam X2

Charmiles Robofil 240

Lou,

Thanks for the reply. Even after I put the operations in different groups, it still wont let me post both operations together. I think Mastercam just wont allow

posting of multiple operations if they don't have the same nc file name. Seems this is probably a unique requirement of my Machines control. I think this actually has more to do how my post is set up rather then Mastercam.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Under the heading of is there another solution:

I put my TEC file calls inside the CMD file. Then the ISO file just stands by itself. You can post out whatever toolpaths you need and group them together that way.

For example in the CMD program:

; (WXXXX.CMD)

CCF,DOWEL.CMD

WIR,LS25A

TEC,TDRGH

SCF,1.0

CLE,-.010

then later in the CMD program:

AUX,13

GOP,1

THD

TEC,TDFIN