Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis toolpath help

bhayden10

Good Morning. I have very little 4th axis expierence and not sure how to go about this.

I am wanting to run my tool along the brown surface of the band finishing the blue and pink surface with the bottom of my tool. I think it should feed over to center of my rotary and then rotate around. What tool path should I be trying? I will need rough passes too. Material is 304 s.s. Thanks! CONTAINER.jpg

quote:

CURVE5AX

John you coming over to the dark side and like Curve5ax. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I agree this toolpath would do it. I however think 5 axis Flowline might do a better job. Draw your vectors which represents the center line of your tool where you want it to change along the toolpath. Then use the surfaces you want to machine, multi-surface may even be better, but without a file just throwing things out there. With these toolpaths you need to use check surfaces to avoid machining places you do not want. With Curve 5 axis you draw the line you want to cut and use the correct side or center if you draw the control line for the cut that way and good to go.

BIGGEST THING TO REMEMBER WHEN USING ANY OF THESES IS MAKE THE OUTPUT 4 AXIS NOT 5 AXIS. Ok I got your attention make the output when you are picking your geometry for the operation at the top is 3,4,5 axis pick the 4 axis and looks like X with the picture you showed on the screen.

HTH

Good to see you lurking around more John. wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif