Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Some 4 axis post help would be appreciated

DavidSV

We just had a 4th axis installed. We have never used a 4th axis and I have been playing with it the last week. One of the first things I did was an engraving on the outside of a rod with an axis substitution tool path. I posted it out and it engraved properly. All the characters an logo's looked correct and were properly spaced.

Now I am having an issue. My post output does not position correctly when using the tool plane rotate. It goes the wrong way. I have searched high and low and everyone talks about changing the rotary axis direction in the machine definition manager. I did that, but it does not change the posted output. I have an older post that has been updated through the years and I have looked high and low through it for a rotary axis direction setting, but I can't find it.

Can someone please offer some assistance? I sent an email to my reseller but that can take a few days and I need to make parts ASAP....

Thanks for looking

David

An older post does not tie into the machine completely, the logic simply doesn't exist in it. It's one of the main reasons to update your post to something newer.

In lieu of that, look in the post for this line to change direction

code:

rot_ccw_pos : 0     #Axis signed dir, 0 = CW positive, 1 = CCW positive

John, I have seen that listed in alot of the old posts( forum posts that is ). My post does not have that line. I tried adding it in there, but it did nothing.

I am running it on a Leadwell V40 with an Fanuc Oi-MC control.

Thanks

This is the closest I have:

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Axis Rotary motion, user defined

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

p_index_2 # Find shortest way

caxis = atan2(-m8$, m9$)

dc = (caxis - prv_caxis)

if (abs(dc) < 0.001)& (gcode$ = 1000), ex$ # Exit postblock (index not required)

c_out = caxis

n$, *c_out, e$

!caxis

p_index # Check for axis sub cut

if (rotaxis$ = 0) & (index = 1), p_index_2

p_sub_axis # Rotary subed for x

if (y$ < prv_y$), a_dir = -1

else, a_dir = 1

pfr_0

g93_94, x$, ys$, !y$

p_ya_sof # Position YA

if (y$ < prv_y$), a_dir = -1

else, a_dir = 1

ys$ = (yr$ * 2 * rad2deg$ / rotdia$) #* a_dir

*xr$, "Y0.", *ys$

p_xy_sof # Branch to X or Y

if rotaxis$ = 1, "ERROR - ROTARY MUST BE MOUNTED TO REVOLVE ABOUT X-AXIS"

if rotaxis$ = 2, p_ya_sof

else, *xr$, *yr$

Ok, Thanks for the help anyways. I found a temporary work around. I just made it post A- instead of A. It works for now.

I downloaded the MPMASTER post and I could get it to post correctly. I guess its about time to hang up this post from V7 and move one a more powerful post. I will be contacting my reseller and have them help me set it up I guess....

Thanks