Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe bug?

Paul Felger

mc X2 mr2 ps1

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times now, I will have a program almost done and use the analyze-distance and it wont let me green check out of it. I can drag it around and thats it. I dont have the prog. saved and the last time this hapened I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete it and lost everything.

Could this be a bug or am I doin something wrong?

headscratch.gif

I think before you can think bug on this, you need to come up with steps that can recreate it.

I just tried a bit and nothing.

I would also suggest you get into the habit of saving your work along the way

wink.gif

Paul,

I take it that with Lathe you are doing a limited amount of geometry creation (am I wrong?). This being the case, you should turn on autosave and set it to save and overwrite (so it doesn't prompt you) every 3-5 minutes.

Normally I tell people to turn autosave off, because you don't want it to try and run when you are doing something like calculating a large toolpath, because it can cause Mastercam to crash. If your lathe programs are fairly simple, it should be a reliable option for you.

Do a search on 'Backup' and put 'Colin Gilchrist, The Boeing Co.' in the member name field. I've covered some methods for setting up the Backup function so that it works reliably.

For you, Autosave sounds like it might be a winner...

HTH,