Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Too Many Digits

Larry Metzler

Morning All. On a Kitamura HX 300, a Fanuc 16i/mb we have just started getting a “(03) Too Many Digits’ error on continuous 4th axis programs. I

assume it has to do with the B Axis move, As we have not seen this before.I would very much appreciate any assistance and or advice members of the forum can render. Thanks All

99999.999 This is the max decimal places for most machines in inch mode. If you have 6 numbers to the left or 4 numbers to the right, then there is your problem. Just guessing but I would say it is your B axis move being set to 4 places to the right of the decimal, its a very common mistake.

hth

ShefferCNC,

Thanks so much for the info, sorry for not getting back sooner,a new fire to put out in the mean time and I just got back to the same problem.I did not post an excess of digits in the axis move, however I think my feed move on the same line was excessive, posted F1069.06.When I

edited the line to F9069.06, no error.I think this may be something to adjust in the MD. Would not have caught it without you input!! Thanks again!!