Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot find Parasolid data in Solidedge file

Murray Mold

.PRT files are either from Unigraphics or Pro/E.

Importing Pro/E files into Mastercam is an addin that you need to contact your reseller about. We pay royalties to PTC on it, so we cant just give it away.

There are some 3rd-party UG importers for Mastercam - I'd recommend the Verisurf one.

JP - The 'Direct' tool is only useful if you're inside SE trying to pass the part directly to MC. It's automatically installed with X3 (and, I believe, X2). He's apparently having trouble simply opening .PARs into Mastercam.

I use SolidEdge to open .prt files and then save them as a .par, but I thought I read somewhere that X3 would open .prt files without purchasing a translator. Its no big deal about opening .prt files with X3, but I do need to open .par files like I was able to with X2.

I got the new SolidEdge with ST last week and just got done installing it. I have not tried to use the MasterCAM link through SolidEdge yet, but I will try it now.

Thanks for that tip. I will try that later today. Hopefully it works here too. The downside of doing that is that I will have to do all the appearence stuff (RMB and so on, and all the MD) over again. I do not like the way you transit from one release to another. CNC should make the transition easier/better.

• 3 weeks later...