Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

parasolid error-won't create a solid

Cjones

All,

I have a part that will not create a solid from the geometry I select. the geometry is a closed loop, trimmed correctly, and selects as a revolve path. However, when i hit create body I get a "parasolid interface error-non manifold body or boundry" when I try to create a solid revolve.

It worked on this part yesterday, so I am confused.

Please help.

TY,

Chris

Have you tired combine view on the arcs Sometimes Mastercam likes to take an arc and place it on a different view. Though it was created in top for some reason I will get it on the bottom one every now and then and can really throw you off. I see it so much I have it in my common toolbars to use verse going and looking for it in the screen drop down.

HTH

Sometimes there's problems in the geometry. Even though the geometry looks like it chains (closed loop).

I'll go through and start trimming all the geometry again to find that something wasn't trimmed properly.

I'll usually use trim 2 and chain partial (click on the wait box after you select the initial entity). If you chain partial it'll try to close the chain. In a chain partial you have to guide the arrow and it'll usually let you know if there's a break in the geometry.

Hope that helps. bonk.gif

Colin,

I'm still waiting for an email back from my reseller from the 10th as to whether a part is possible with my level of mcam. So I think I'll redraw the one level giving me problems and move on. Thanks for all the help everyone. I did learn how to combine views and use the overlap chook. That's worth redrawing one level!

TY,

Chris