Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multi-processor management

Slydman

Mastercam does not currently us Multi-core processors.

You can lock Mastercam down to use only a particular core of your processor.

with Mastercam running click CTRL+ALT+DEL, then Task Manager

>> processes tab

Then find and right click on teh mastercam.exe >> set affintity, then leave checked the CPU you wish to dedicate to MASTERCAM.

You will have to set it each time your start MCAM

Thanks a lot John,

So there is no advantage.

I was thinking if we were able to lock mastercam on one core and the other running other stuff. But it's not that simple.

My computer is single core, but i am trying to convice my boss to buy dual or quadro core to get my computer faster, but there is no advantage because my computer is used on mastercam 90% of the time. He doesn't want to spend money on it.

Thanks again

quote:

So there is no advantage.

Not exactly true. One cpu core is all MC uses but a dual core can have an L2 cache of up to 6Mb and my Xeon quad core has 12Mb cache. With the Xeon any one core can use the whole cache and as we've seen in the benchmark thread, cache utilization makes a bigger difference than anything else with MC.