Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids layout question

KalCam

Sucks dones't it. bonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gif

I have plenty of files where I have my solids all set-up for machining and then I have my next set of solids for my set-up sheets. Yes I have been given a number for the request, but think we all should be lucky Solid layout works as well as it does. I have to tell myself all the time this is Mastercam not Mastercad. This very problem a long with the limits of Mastercam solids is why a lot of people have Soildworks and seeing how the price is down around the cost of Maintenance it might be something I can spend or Maintenance money on. WCS top Yes oh what fun it is.

quote:

The solids layout function seems to be stuck on the top wcs

Does somebody can tell us, what is the use of 'change view selection' and 'view' button that we have access to the 'view manager'? When i choose my new saved view it give me top view instead.

Were is the logic of that?

That still goes back to the Top WCS and then all view are relative to that. So if you want a left view of the part then you pick the correct number. Yeah sucks you got to know what the number for each view is. Be great if it said left right or whatever, but like most things in Mastercam it has worked that way for years and sometime in the future it might get some much needed love.