Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Viewport display problem

A. Ing

Hi, I am new to Mastercam and new to this forum.

I am having some trouble with the viewports, I have no trouble when viewport 1 is set to entire screen, but as soon as I choose one of the other options and move the cursor from one view to the other, the sketch dissapears and the views flash to white, back to normal, back to white. Dependant on where the cursor is.

I bought a Lenovo W500 Thinkpad workstation to run this. Thinking that a high end workstation class laptop would have no problem. It has a ATI Mobility Fire GL V5700 graphics card with 512 mb which is an open gl card. Any suggestions? I tried fussing with the settings and no luck.

I have both Mastercam X2 and X3 installed and they are both having the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Just trying to learn this program to help the students at our high school.

Regards,

Alan

Vince and Jay,

Thank you so much for the suggestions! Been frustrated for a couple days now. I turned off Auto Highlighting, but unfortunately that didn't work for me. I then turned off Hardware acceleration and that seemed to do the trick.

Any idea why I needed to do that? Wouldn't I want Hardware Acceleration? Am I going to lose performance in mastercam now?

Wouldn't be too happy if I couldn't use this computer that I just bought. By the way, I forgot to mention the computer has Vista Ultimate but I have downgrade rights to XP Professional. Any reason to go to XP?

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!

Alan

• 1 year later...

Alan,

When you disable hardware Acceleration in McamX it is only disabled for the program. There will be some noticeable difference in the graphics regen primarily when dynamically rotating the part, sometimes Verify will visually look different.

I hate to say this but Mcam and ATI cards don't "play well" together (donning Nomex Underwear now...)

Do a search on the Forum for ATI graphics cards you see how other users have worked through