Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Flow5ax

wildcat99

Does anyone know how to apply a Flow5ax toolpath to a "half-moon" shaped boss all at once without splitting any surfaces? All I need to do is hold the tool ~30deg above horizontal at the right and left sides for clearance.

Our 5ax machine easily has the range of motion to cut this, but I haven't been able to program it this way. Flow5ax may not be the best approach....I'm open to any suggestions here.

A simple part HALFCYL.MC8 is on the FTP if you need an example, with the red surface the one in question. Thanks for your help.

Wildcat99. Please try my file.

I do not have your post to check but the tool should stay down and start with a 30 deg lead and at top lean the other way with a 30. deg and move down the other side.

If possable please post and send me the code so I can see what it did on my thought.

file on FTP halfcyccadcam.mc8

thanks jay

quote:

all at once without splitting any surfaces?

I see what you are trying to do here. I would like to avoid mis-matched surfaces which I'm afraid we'll see at the abrupt angle change on your split line at the top. I'll post and send in the morning so you can see what we have. Thanks.

You should not have a miss match.

I will see when I get the code.

But the start and end point for the transition are the same so all it should want to do is change the lead angle like fanning.

When I had it start the transition from a different side on the split it wanted to pull out and move over.

I am hoping it will stay and change lead.

I will check my mail this afternoon between classes.

[ 06-11-2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Check out the Floor5ax chook on your release CD.

It allows you to set axis limits for any axis. For your case set the Z axis maximum limit to 60. that will keep it from going past 60 from vertical. You will want to use the half moon as your 'comp' surface. You can even use the floor as a check surface so you don't violate it.

PS - It is time to upgrade to V9. All these capabilities and more are now built into Flow5ax.

bsemp:

Ah...yes...chooks! Thank you very much! That is exactly what I've been searching for the past few days. We could have applied this to a pattern re-cut yesterday.

I wouldn't have known which chook or how to apply without your help. This opens up a lot of possibilities. The posted file is clean with this also, keeping C at 0 and rotating only B from 60 to 0 to -60 and back again.

Wildcat

I sent you a e-Mail it could be a Machine problem If you are trying to remove too much material in one pass the router could be "flexing" under the tool presure on one side and because your effective cut direction changes on the other.... It pulls into the work on side 1 then the tool is pushed away on the other.

This assumes that the NC code is correct.

has anybody verified the code with a high end verification package???