Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Exporting And Importing Toolpath Group Name

NeilJ

Where the dropdown munu is that says "2D-Toolpaths", I click in that box and type in my own name. That way I dont have to purge the ops because they keep building up and it gets hard to find.

I name them something relevant to the job I am working on, like "Head insert stationary" or "Head insert ejector"

Then when importing hit yes to add op groups also

HTH

When you 'Export' the group with operations, it will show up as a group in the .operations library.

When you use 'Import', navigate to the .operations file you are using (or navigate to a .MCX file, thats right, you can import operations directly from a Mastercam file without first saving the operations to a library).

Now select the whole group by clicking on the "group name" and it should highlight the group and all operations in the group list.

When you press the "ok green check mark", Mastercam will launch a dialog box titled "Import toolpath operations" and the prompt will say "Import / add the operation groups also?"

This is asking if you want to import the group name. It will not let you import the group name if you do not select the entire group by click on the group name to select it...

HTH,

Colin and Murray Mold and Die,

I think the problem was that I was not exporting the machining operations to a folder that I create and name the same name as the Toolpath Group I want to import. When I name the folder the name of the Toolpath Group this works with just one problem... machining operation number one is shoved under the Machine Group. The rest of the machining operations come in under the Toolpath Group name I saved. Not a big deal to drag machining operation 1 down to the named Toolpath Group but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong to cause this problem.