Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FBM - Spotting hole locations in X3

Smit

I've recently installed X3 and I am trying to use the FBM Drilling to mark hole locations for angled holes that we then drill by hand.

In the past I would use solid drill and create a point at the top of each hole, then use a drill to make a mark for the machinist to hand drill the hole.

I doesn't look like that will work with FBM...at least so far.

It works great for the vertical holes.

TIA for any replies. cheers.gif

I also use to create points with the solid drilling toolpath. I posted this question a week or so ago.(see FBD vs Solid drilling On 10-03-08)

Apparently the FBD does not create any geometry like solid drilling did. It is a huge problem here with no solution coming soon. I have one machine still running X2. If you use X3 then I was told you had to create your own drill points. I hope this helps a little.

curse.gif

FYI - Even though Solid Dril is no longer a menu option in X3, you can import a Solid Drill operation from X2 and use it to create the points you want in X3.

(We left this back-door in just in case we missed something important.)

This option has been added back into X4 based on your comments.

If you find anything else missing let us know as soon as you find it since we will be entering into X4 Beta sometime in November.

Thanks,

It comes down to the case of trying to stuff 10 pounds of "stuff" into a 5 pound bag, it won't all fit.

Maintaining 2 different functions that have such a large amount of functional overlap becomes very impractical. Much of the smarts and approach in FBM Drill came from Solid Drill, but FBM drill has a lot more to offer. FBM drill is where our development efforts are heading with more enhancements coming in X4 and beyond.

That's why it's important to know what you find lacking in FBM drill that Solid Drill already does.