Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post to multiple machines 2

Slydman

Hi to all,

I did a search regarding this subject and i found a lot of info but it doesn't seem the people have the same problem as me.

When i set my operation tree to have more then one machine ---> 1)haas 2)fadal and 3)hitachi.

I did my toolpath for haas and copied them to the other machine (Fadal and Hitachi).

Everything look find except when i click on the files tab for haas, machine group properties appear the i click ok to accept.

After,i directly click on the toolpath group from the other machine(Fadal or Hitachi) , all those the toolpath take the effect from the haas machine.

Is anybody else have this issue?

Thanks in advance

ConnorMac,

Because we have to adjust RPM and FEED accordingly for each machine (Hitachi rpm=15000max)(HAAS rpm=8000max)(FADAL rpm=6000max).

So i want to set them on mastercam directly then i don't need to play a lot on the nc file. Does it making the samething on yours?

No I just set it for the slowest machine. That way I know that everything will work. When I first got on I asked the same question and that was what someone told me to do. If it is really special that I have to run high rpm or it is to long to fit on the small machines I have a VB Script that I can tell which machines to post for. Someone was talking about setting up a post to slow the speeds and feed down to the max rpm of the machine but there was a lot of logic involved in and I didnt know how to do it. The only machine that gives me any problem is our 7000 RPM Okuma. It will not read anything over it's max RPM. So most of the time I use it as the default machine. If it runs there it will run on any machine.

put an speed/feed correction your posts.

in that case you have to set the max spindle-rpm in the mmd's above your highest spindle.

my posts correct the speeds and feeds to an S-max that is related to the tooldiameter.

For our Fehlmann P60 with an 26000 spindle:

Tools 0.0-0.399mm : S-max = 26000

Tools 0.4-0.599mm : S-max = 25500

Tools 0.6-0.799mm : S-max = 25000

Tools 0.8-0.999mm : S-max = 24500

Tools 1.0-1.999mm : S-max = 24000

Tools 2.0-over : S-max = 23000

My tool tables are limited above the highest spindle.

Now the backplot time is not correct, but my setup sheet's also use these correction.

I only have to replace the mmd in the machine group and i can post with the right speeds and feeds

Another application for multiple machine in the same MCX file.

This morning, i had a part that i need to machine

1)first setup on the HAAS

2)second setup on the HITACHI

3)third setup on the HAAS

I want to keep everything on the same files because it's easier to make the verify

While i am working on the Haas (set1), i open operation manager of the spotdrill and accept this, then after i open the operation manager for the same spotdrill (set2) and I had the message 'changing this tool will update your operation. Continue? yes/no'

They are linked together, I don't know why it's like that.

I don’t want them to be linked, this is not useful to make them linked.