Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

helix mill on a 1.5 dia. sphere

dan m

Hi all, I just started a new job and after not using mc for about a year I guess I forgot more than I thought. What I want to do is a helix mill in the side of a sphere on a lathe. It has x,y,z,c capabilities. the z position is -.125 and y is .470 I want to feed down in the x. I am not sure if it is a post issue or me. The machine is a Nakamara 300 we are using mcx hopefully I will be able to get them to upgrade but I have to prove I can do this. The hole is .085 dia. I tried putting part on the ftp site but was not allowed which has never been a problem for me in the past.

Hey Dan,

I can't help you with your question. I have no experience with those type of machines. I just wanted to say I'm glad you're back to work. Things are pretty tough around here. Where are you working? Email me if you don't want to post it here.

Thad

Dan,

I don't have X installed so I will try to describe it.

Your WCS should be TOP and you T-Plane will be Back,

11-9-20089-33-37AM.png

then using a milling toolpath, Helix Bore if you'd like, set that up, on the Toolpath parameters Page, make sure you set Rotary Axis and set it to Y

11-9-20089-33-03AM.png

See if that works for you

hth