Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 ax flowline help

Chris Rizzo

Well it is hard to tell with out seeing the actual toolpath result and the drive geometry, but I'll take a guess and say: try using a Lead or Lag angle (+ or - value) to tilt your tool either towards or away from your flow direction...

Can you post some more pictures of how you have the drive geometry setup relative to your WCS/Planes? Also, a screen shot of backplot showing the tool and holder with the toolpath trace turned on will help...

Thanks,

I'm at home now, and can post more pics tomorrow, but the part is oriented pretty simply. Part is an organic auger shape along x axis. Center of rotation is logical axis of the part. Everything in system top. The second pic you are looking axially down the part, and the z axis is 6-12 o'clock.

I've tried all sorts of values for lead/lag and it only gets worse. I've played with just about all the toggles in there and can't get any change. Tool is a .250 ball, tried it with a lollipop and no change either.

thanks Colin.

for this part, you will need to switch to the right plane. create a full circle. then in the top plane, create points....probably use the "dynamic" method. once you have the points and circle, break the circle to establish the upper endpoint. draw a line between the point and the geometry at the break point.

use that method to establish control lines. if you try to project points, you will get all kinds of different results of line angles.