Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

LATHE V8-V9

SBA

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with this. I put a file on the ftp 83892 folder. It has a v8 post mplosp7lb45 and v8 file 838921. Take the file into v8 and regen with post. Then take into v9, back plot and note face cut depths. Then update post and regen. Note that the passes are not there confused.gif . I have not been able to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

SBA,

About 5-1-02, I had a thread called "another V9 lathe question." This is part of what I had posted----

"The problem is the rough toolpath won't cut the selected profile completely down to centerline. (on rightside of part). if I shorten the profile to within .02" of centerline, then it will cut the face.

It used to work fine in V8 programming this way. It's probably something I have switched off or wrong.

Appreciate any input on this. We are not running solids with our lathe program." ---------

I ended up sending a file to QC. A day or so later my VAR replied that this was submitted as a bug and they would be working on it. So far it hasn't been fixed. We have been doing an extra op to get the parts faced as a workaround. It kinda sounds like you are experiencing the same thing.

Hope this helps

Lynn Z

LYNNZ, sounds like your problem was that the tool would not go down to centerline. I am not seeing this, may have been corrected in the sp1 update. Are you still having this problem?

My problem I think may be post related but I am not sure. I am using a lathe canned cycle set to faceing. In v8 if I set the depth of cut on the face it would take the depth of cut on backplot as set. When transfered to v9 it no longer takes or backplots the depth of cuts the same. And if I post to and nci file it is also different.

SBA,

I looked at your files and am not finding your problem. The 1st operation in your program is a lathe canned rough facing operation. When I backplot it in v8.1.1 I see 2 facing passes. I bring that MC8 into v9.0 SP1 and re-gen and backplot. I see 2 facing cuts. I posted your original v8 version of this operation and the v9 version (after re-gen). The ONLY difference I get between the v8 & v9 NC files is a difference in the 'S' spindle startup.

Roger:

Did you use the post I put on the ftp?

I am not sure what is going on, could it be a post problem? I talked to someone there last week and sent the file in. At that time he had indicated he saw a problem but I have not heard since then. I will call in to support tommorow. Thanks for the reply

ROGER:

I pulled the file in from the ftp ran in v9 before regen and backplot passes were z9.384,z9.324,z9.2919. Then I regened the file and backploted again. The z passes were z9.3446 and z9.2919. On my computer at work after regen its 1 pass at 9.2919

Did you redefine your stock parameters before you did the regen???

Facing cuts can behave stangely sometimes. Redefine the stock, open the facing OP in the Operations Manager and make sure the "Stock"

radio button is checked. Now when you regen it should make the correct number of cuts.

[ 06-19-2002, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

gcode:

I put another file simple basic facing and turning on ftp v8 files called backplotv8-v9.mc8. I am not using the stock option (extend contour to stock), but a toolpath line.I am using mplfan post.If you backplot it in v8 and note the depth of cuts both od and face in backplot. Then pull into v9 backplot again with no regen. Note the passes are the same. Then regen and backplot. I am getting a difference both face and od in the depths.