Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT - Mazak Tool Break Detect

John Morris

Anybody had any luck getting the tool break detect to work using G-code programs? It works in mazatrol and simply calling the M-code does not work, I can postion the tool and open the probe, but still not activity on calling the M-code. Mazak says it will not do it, but I'm thinking why not?

Reference: H-400N with M32, 1992 model

We have made our own tool break detect program in ISO for a MAZAK PFH-5800... It's working very fine, but I honestly don't know if it will work on a 1992 model.. Looks like this:

(TEST FOR TOOLBREAK)

G28G91Z0M19

G90

G10L2P1X-730.Y-730.Z-474.

G0G54X0.Y0.M33

G43Z0H#51999

G31.4Z-20.F500

#650=#5003

Z50.

G0G28G91Z0M34

G55G90

IF[#650LT-8.]GOTO1

M99

N1

#3000=21(TOOL IS BROKEN)

M99

I can see this is going to be tricky.

This machine does not have the Laser for tool break check, all I have is the probe that comes out and basically has 2 proximity switches, one decelaration sensor and the one that actually measures the tool position.

Second, I cannot call a mazatrol program from an EIA. (I can call a EIA from mazatrol only).

Finally, this machine does not have the macro option.

Although the program from Guffie has got me thinking about the skip function thing, maybe I can make that work somehow. I can get the machine in position, I can open the probe with an M-code, I can probably figure the distance to travel to the first proximity switch, but I need to figure way to check the activation of the switch. G31 as shown above my work, I'm not sure. Even if I don't get an alarm but the machine just stops trying to touch the probe it will prevent a crash.

Anybody have any insight on the G31 (G31.1-.3) option before I get too deep into the manuals?