Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

importing problem

Cjones

Having a problem with import/export in X3

When I export in x3 no problems. all tools and operations are present in ops.

When I go to import the ops in a new file I don't get any of the tools to import correctly. All the tools in the operations are the same as the first tool of the toolpath group of the export. so everything ends up being a face tool.

Any ideas.

TY

Chris

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.

All my existing toolpaths loose their tools when I bring in another operation.

It happens the moment I change folder in the import toolpath dialog, i.e. before any import has taken place.

Has anyone got this to work yet?

I have Mill L3 X3 MU1.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...

I have seen this if the operations you are importing has the same tool diameter. eq a 1 inch finish endmill and a 1 inch rough endmill.

Works fine in X3 but in X3 MU1 you have to check on the "Disable duplicate Tool checking" on the import dialog screen.

In Settings, configuration, Toolpath I turned on "Use existing tools when importing operations" so I do not get that prompt when importing. Checking yes or no on that prompt does not seem to do anything anyway.