Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opening soildworks 09 files

Zman

I'm using X3 mu1 so I can open soildworks 09 files. My problem is that there are multiple parts in the same soidwork file. Sometime it ask which one I want and other times it just grabs the default one. Is there a config in Mastercam to set to ask this every time you open a soildworks file? If so, where can I find it? Or is there something that has to be done saving the file in soildworks?

Thank you

Zman

I would try suppressing the solids in SW except for one and file/save as/ part file.

Or maybe right click on the solid in the tree/then click show/file save as/ part file.

It must be something like that.

Sorry, I don't know exactly today (tomorrow maybe) but I would try that anyways.

If there are different configurations in the SW's file it will ask which configuration you would like to import. If it is an assembly file you will get all of the parts upon importing. SO depending on your files will depend on what you get.

If you save the sw file on the defult level it doesn't give you the option, but if you save it on another level it does. The designer has multiple parts in the same file, like a right and left hand part. I need MC to see this everytime I open because I don't use sw's and the designers are not always availble. I machined the wrong model because it didn't give me the option. Hope the helps explain a little more.

Regard,

Zman

before closing the file in SolidWorks, each configuration needs to be activated and rebuilt.

below is info from another thread on this subject.

http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic;f=1;t=032347

quote:

There is a rare known problem that pops up now and then regarding Mastercam's File/Open's inability to present the user with a choice of all of the SW Configurations in a part. This has to do with the state of the model in SolidWorks at the time it was saved there. Occasionally the part is saved where one or more Configurations are not in a 'rebuilt' state in SW. This means that there is no Parasolid body data stored in the part file for that Configuration. This means that we do not present that Configuration as a choice, since we won't be able to import it's data anyway. Re-opening the part in SW and cycling through the Configurations, hitting Edit/Rebuild with each one, and then re-saving, should make all the Configurations available when that re-saved part is opened in Mastercam later. SW API Tech Support have tried to help us with this, but if the Parasolid data isn't there, we can't do much!