Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS Drill code

Horton@who.com

I have a part that I just drilled with a coolant thru drill to a depth of -3.55. I then come behind that op with a Ball end drill and it needs to be -3.75. The problem I'm having is I want it to rapid down to Z-3.4 then peck drill down to -3.75 retracting out of the hole.

I've tried it 2 different ways and can not get it to do what I want banghead.gif

I looked at this thread: http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic;f=1;t=030156

and it still is not what I'm wanting.

I can make it rapid down to -3.4 but when it pecks, it's not retracting out of the hole.

Or it starts drilling at .1 and wastes alot of time

I am not to sure about Haas atm, cause I havent worked on one in a few years, but on my Mazak we have more letter combinations on the G83/73 cycles that can allow you to change this kind of thing. I am wondering if the Haas have the same? My typical is G83 Z R Q F, but can T D J I K to do other stuff to the G83 (such as what you are looking for).

Check your haas book maybe you have something similar.

HTH