Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3MU1 Gouging Warning

Newbieguy

We did not have any problems, until we installed the MU1 update. Now we have scrapped two molds due to gouging. Needless to say, we have uninstalled MU1 - and surprise surprise, the gouging went away. (It appears to be looping outside arcs instead of inside - and is visible only if you zoom in really tight) But why - we didn't have these problems before MU1. You verified, and you machined. Now you have to verify each individual toolpath line, zoomed in to the nth degree.

So the question begs to be asked: Why am I paying for Maintenance Releases?

We've been using Mastercam for 20 years - and we perform complex 3D mold work. If I'm being a BETA tester for Mastercam, they should be paying me to find these bugs.

And of course, we get the standard "Oh, we'll assign that a bug number" - that's just great! What about the 80 hours of programming time I've lost... or the 80 hours we have to reprogram using X3 without the MU1 update? Or the scrapped piece of steel, and scrapped piece of iron? Or the possibility that I just lost a customer because I'm going to be late on this job thanks to Mastercam's MU1 update.

So if you are doing complex 3D mold work, please be sure to warn others about this MU1 update.

Vista64 Ultimate - Quad Core Q6700 - 4GB RAM - 1 GB Video running 10-Fadals (hardware is definitely not the issue, but I put it here just so someone wouldn't ask)

• 3 weeks later...