Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drill and tap

petro7

I am drilling and tapping asp 30 material. 60+ rc.

I,m using osg products.I was able to tap 7 holes 8mm x1.25 18mm deep then my tap broke and the drill needs resharpening. $90. for the drill 170.00 for the tap. have 50 holes to do.the parts are taper shafts 3 feet long . any other products available and a little more reasonable.

I recommend a NACHI SG drills. They are powdered metal. definatley use a Thread mill. The best I found was CARMEX thread mill called Mini Mill. They are second to none. I have threaded 100 0-80 holes in titanium with one tool. Could have kept going but the job was done.