Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Re-machining Gouges

Chris Rizzo

Chris,

Do you get the same results with Contour Remachining? I know the application code is different because pocket remachining won't keep tool down when checked, but contour remachining will. This tells me that MC uses a different set of instruction to process the two.

I submitted the keep tool down bug ~6 years ago. frown.gif

Thad

Hi fellas,

Typical scenario is small parts with lots of geometer chained. .250 tool, to .125, to .0625, to .03125. I've had gouges back to version X, and a few days ago a part in x3. If you really study the backplot you see it. (I usually end up seeing it AFTER the part gets cut frown.gif ) After all, why in the heck would you think that a pocket toolpath would actually violate the chained geometry. I have found something different in x4 beta, check your mail John. (Sorry Thad, you should see about getting into the beta program.) I was curious if other people have had issues too, and how prevalent my scenario was.

I haven't had much experience with contour remachining.

I've seen this happen too. The culprit was an overlaid arc on top of another arc. (not identical arcs) Delete duplicates doesn't find these, so you have to analyze your geometry. You won't always see the extra geometry's error in full chaining mode, but in partial, you will see the path double back on itself when it gets to the overlaid entities.

It seems like MC ignores the overlaid arcs until remachining. Then machines both sides of the arcs.

Maybe your geometry, maybe a bug in MC.

HTH

BTW - Sweet puter....I had a Vic 20 too...LOL