Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job opening

Zoober

I will be leaving Hanard Machine in two weeks, leaving an opening for a CNC programming manager here in Salem, Oregon.

I am putting some job requirements below, and you can email me at rbrunson AT hanard DOT com if you have questions. This is a fairly high level position.

You can email our HR manager at tsimpson AT hanard DOT com if you wish to send a resume, or if it is after march 20th.

Here is Hanard web site.

You can find the phone number on the contacts page.

REQUIREMENTS:

• Minimum 10+ years experience programming CNC machines

• Minimum 5+ years experience managing engineering or CNC programming dept.

• Knowledgeable in manufacturing specs; ANSI Y14.5m, AS9100, GD&T, Boeing D6-51991

• Extensive 5 axis experience- Vertical, Horizontal, table/table, nutating head

• Broad knowledge of machining-CNC mills, lathes, vertical, horizontal

• Experience w/ aerospace materials- Titanium

• Responsible for supporting the manufacture of primarily aerospace components in the areas of programming, manufacturing engineering, job documentation, troubleshooting, and any other functions necessary for the team to meet its customers’ needs.

• Excellent math skills – shop trig mandatory

• Excellent management skills, team-based mentality

• Program vertical and horizontal lathes and machine centers, using Mastercam X2/X3 and/or Catia V5

• Create complex jig and fixture designs for cast parts- commercial and aerospace- knowledge of targeting fixtures

• Create custom tooling solutions, setup instructions and operator instructions

• Providing technical support for shop floor and programming dept.

• Create operation specifications and supporting documents

• Revise and/or update programs to reflect engineering or program changes and maintains current revisions on file.

• Manage 5+ programmers, develop and maintain processes and procedures for dept.

• Excellent customer skills, able to discuss engineering and design concepts.

I don't think any job is a walk.

I try to bring everything I have, wherever I go. My new employer will get all I have to offer, cause that's the only way I know.....

I hope Hanard gets someone that does the same.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys with the same approach.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, Hanard is looking for a Top Dog.

I think I scared away some guys by saying that. That's OK. I think the Company where Robert is going got the right guy for the job.

quote:

I am putting some job requirements below

I just want to know how you have time to program a project. Managing the other programmers, creating supporting documentation, liason with customers on engineering and design review, supporting the shop floor, tooling and fixture design support cannot leave alot of time to program a part.

Are you leaving your CAPE when you leave ? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Thank you James. I think that I can help them, and help myself. Other wise I wouldn't have taken the job.

I think some consider the top programmers as arrogant or cocky, but as meh stepdad used to say,

"Arrogance is confidence without competence."

I don't know how I do it Jimmy. I guess I just don't know any different.

I do know that the programmers I manage help me a LOT. They basically manage themselves. Sharp guys, good programmers, self starters, etc. I just give them guidance and help when they need. A good crew can really help a lot.

[ 03-10-2009, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Zoober ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I think some consider the top programmers as arrogant or cocky...

Actually I've been fortunate. The Best programmers I know are the opposite. It's the cockey ones that, well... let's just say they ARE NOT in the top dog category. biggrin.gif Top Dogs have the "there's ALWAYS" something new to learn attitude, instead of, ther's NOTHING YOU can teach me.

There's one of those there Robert. It's actually comical. You'll sniff him out pretty quick Robert. When I was told this guy was going to be programming the MAM I told my boss to order a new spindle to keep on hand - with a straight face. The blood drained from his face. Now I can relax. You saved me a TON of headaches Robert. Thank you. cheers.gif

Robert,

For sure the guys you lead being top flight makes all the difference.

quote:

as meh stepdad used to say,

"Arrogance is confidence without competence."

My stepdad says "Arrogance hides a persons Ignorance". wink.gif

James,

Nail on the head brother. You can learn something new everyday. Sometimes the lowest guy on the totem pole will have the best idea to help out. Sometimes the Top Guy helps the lowest guy by making his life easier. Attitude makes all the difference.

We have 2 ears and 1 mouth, we are supposed to listen twice as much as we speak. biggrin.gif