Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster comment change

rbb

I am using mpmaster, MX3, and a Fadal. I would like the operation comment to come immediately after the tool change, instead of just before the tool change. The reason is when I search for the start of a tool at the machine, the Fadal screen puts the tool change line at the top of the screen, so the operator does not see the operation comment, if there is one. So if a tool is called two or more times, the operator will not really know which operation he is at unless he manually backspaces up a line. I hope this is clear.

What I want is the operation comment at the beginning of a tool change to be right after the T(whatever)M6 line, and just before the Z max and min for that operation. If the tool does more than one operation, the second and following operation comments can be down in the code as it is now. If there is no operation comment for the op. following a tool change, the comment line should not show up, just as it currently does not show up just before the M6 line.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Look for the ptlchg_com section in your post....the comment$ controls the operation comment.

code:

ptlchg_com      #Tool change common blocks

if force_output | sof,

[

result = force(ipr_type,ipr_type)

result = force(absinc$,absinc$)

result = force(plane$,plane$)

]

pcom_moveb

pcheckaxis #Check for valid rotary axis

c_mmlt$ #Multiple tool subprogram call

#ptoolcomment

if sof & scomm_sav <> snull,

[

spaces$ = 0

n$, pspc, scomm_str, *scomm_sav, scomm_end, e$

spaces$ = sav_spc

]

if sof = 0, scomm_sav = snull

comment$ <--------MOVE THIS

pcomment3

pmisccheck

pcan

if stagetool >= zero,

[

if omitseq$ = 1 & tseqno > 0,

[

if tseqno = 2, n$ = t$

pbld, *n$, *t$, "M06", ptoolcomm, e$

pbld, n$, next_tool$, e$

]

else, pbld, n$, *t$, "M06", ptoolcomm, e$

pbld, n$, next_tool$, e$

]

code:

ptlchg_com      #Tool change common blocks

if force_output | sof,

[

result = force(ipr_type,ipr_type)

result = force(absinc$,absinc$)

result = force(plane$,plane$)

]

pcom_moveb

pcheckaxis #Check for valid rotary axis

c_mmlt$ #Multiple tool subprogram call

#ptoolcomment

if sof & scomm_sav <> snull,

[

spaces$ = 0

n$, pspc, scomm_str, *scomm_sav, scomm_end, e$

spaces$ = sav_spc

]

if sof = 0, scomm_sav = snull

pcomment3

pmisccheck

pcan

if stagetool >= zero,

[

if omitseq$ = 1 & tseqno > 0,

[

if tseqno = 2, n$ = t$

pbld, *n$, *t$, "M06", ptoolcomm, e$

comment$ <------TO HERE

pbld, n$, next_tool$, e$

]

else, pbld, n$, *t$, "M06", ptoolcomm, e$

comment$ <------AND TO HERE

pbld, n$, next_tool$, e$

]

Thanks Dave for the reply. This change you suggested worked just fine, except if the prior operation is a manual entry. If the prior op is a manual entry, it moves the manual entry and the op. comment to after the tool change. This could be a problem, for example if the manual entry was used to position the tool to a safe place before the tool change. I tried putting the comment$ back where it was, leaving the two comment$ where you suggested moving them after the M6 line. This moved the manual entry comment back to before the M6 line, but also moved the op comment back. It seems the manual entry and the op comment are both printed out at the first spot it sees the comment$. Is there a further change I can make that will output a manual entry (in the prior op ) before the M6 line, and then the op comment after the M6 line?

What I am specifically trying to do is move the machine to a safe tool change spot with a manual entry. Then create an op. that has a comment to be sure a clamp is removed. If the operator searches for that tool, he will see at the top of the Fadal screen his T(whatever) M6 line, then the comment to be sure the clamp is removed. But if he is just running the program, it will execute the manual entry and go to the safe spot before doing the tool change.

Thanks for any input/help.